A landing page is a ‘standalone’ web page, separate to the company website that acts as an entry point for visitors who respond to an advertisement, such as an email, social media advertisement, or Pay-Per-Click campaign by clicking the call to action or link.
The purpose of a landing page is to collect information and convert visitors into leads. They are used to direct visitors to tailored pages for a specific campaign or conversion objective and are often used to reach specific business goals, such as marketing a new product or targeting a new market.
Rather than sending potential leads to a generic website homepage, landing pages can ensure that messages are specific to the particular offer advertised, allowing you to align them perfectly with your advertisements.
Now that you know what landing pages are and why you should use them, how can you ensure they’re successful?
- Match the message: make sure the content and design of the landing page matches the marketing material that has sent the visitor there.
- Minimise content and images, and focus on the specific task that you want the visitor to complete to help reduce distractions.
- Include a form to capture visitor’s information. The more information you have on leads, the better you can segment and effectively market to them.
- Ensure that your landing pages are responsive on mobile devices.
- Fulfil the promise of the advert – if users don’t see the specific offer you advertised, they may think they have reached the wrong page.
- A/B test landing pages to test the effectiveness of different elements, such as headlines, call to actions and images in order to find the best way to increase conversions.
Wondering how landing pages could support your campaigns? Give us a call on 01527 592738 and speak to one of our LIVE web experts today!